Marr Park has 42 spots for modern camping, complete with water and electrical hook-ups. Sites are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. We do not accept reservations. The campground also features a shower house which was newly remodeled in autumn of 2008.
Campground Rules and Expectations
On January 9, 1985, all of the laws, rules, and regulations of the State of Iowa which apply to similar areas governed by them were adopted to apply to all areas under the jurisdiction and control of the Washington County Conservation Board, including, but not limited to the Code of Iowa and the Iowa Administrative Code. What follows is a partial and abbreviated listing of these regulations, some of which have been modified, as they apply to the Marr Park campground:
All campers must self-register and pay
appropriate camping fees: Campers are to register and pay appropriate
fees within two hours of arrival or 10:30 P. M., whichever comes first.
Registration slip is to be placed in the holder provided. Fees are set at $16
for electric sites and $10 for non electric.
2. Campsites may not be reserved in advance.
3. Camping fees are not refundable. It is the responsibility of the camper to provide the appropriate fee (change not available).
The maximum length of stay
is no more
than fourteen consecutive nights.
5. Registered campers only are allowed in the campground between 10:30 P.M. and 4 A.M.
6. Quiet time is from 10 P.M. to 6 A.M. Loud music and other disturbances are prohibited at this time.
7. Dumping of “gray water” onto the ground is prohibited.
8. One picnic table per campsite is provided.
9. Fires are allowed in the designated fire rings only.
Pets are subject to the following:
11. Plants must not be cut nor damaged in any way.
12. Campers are expected to keep their camp sites Clean and neat.
13. Garbage is to be disposed of in the receptacles provided, and not burned.
14. Violation of the rules may result in warnings, citations, expulsions, or arrests as deemed necessary by the staff of the WCCB or its agents.
15. Firewood is available on a limited basis. Fires are only allowed in the rings provided. Please be reasonable in its consumption or the WCCB will be forced to discontinue this service.
Electric site: $16 per night
3. New campsites are equiped with 50 amp electrical hook-ups.